Banned from another LFS lol

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am no longer allowed at another LFS. Guess it is not ok to sell corals online and bring them to fellow reef club members at a REEF CLUB MEET. I do understand the LFS has to make money, so yes it could be considered wrong what I did, even though they had nothing of what I brought and things were worked out online. Wonder if Starbucks would ban me for selling coffee online and meeting there to give it to the buyer?? Either way, it is not best to approach someone and be very rude and arrogant about it. I am a super nice guy when treated nice, but the recon marine comes out when not. I ran my mouth and shouldn’t have, so I am wrong there and own that. They are wrong by starting the conversation with profanity. So we were both wrong. At least I can admit that. They couldn’t when it was all said and done.

Either way, now I only have one LFS in the area to go to. Which is fine, as I quit shopping at this one anyways and love the one I can go to. They don’t care if Reef Club Members trade or sell to each other. Even the other 2 that I am not allowed in (no rudeness at those, just made them lose some sales when they tried to tell some customers certain delicate very expensive things could be added to a tank as soon as it had water in it. Yes both of those shops did it, so I interjected to save the fish/corals and the people from utter doom. The owners of those very nicely asked me not to come back if I was gonna do that. I said ok and never went back. It was very civilized. I was also wrong for doing that.)

This shop used to be a great shop too. That’s what kills me. The guys brother gave up on him due to his attitude and quit working there. It has went downhill ever since and is sad as they have a ton of potential and a wonderful location.

Either way, I just needed to vent while putting gas in the car for the hour and half ride home.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starbuck’s employees wouldn’t care but the owner of a local coffee shop probably wouldn’t like the fact you are selling online then meeting buyers at their shop. You aren’t paying taxes/permits to sell and using their storefront to meet people. I have no problem with people selling things online independently but you can’t meet at a competing business for the sales transaction and think they won’t care.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am no longer allowed at another LFS. Guess it is not ok to sell corals online and bring them to fellow reef club members at a REEF CLUB MEET. I do understand the LFS has to make money, so yes it could be considered wrong what I did, even though they had nothing of what I brought and things were worked out online. Wonder if Starbucks would ban me for selling coffee online and meeting there to give it to the buyer?? Either way, it is not best to approach someone and be very rude and arrogant about it. I am a super nice guy when treated nice, but the recon marine comes out when not. I ran my mouth and shouldn’t have, so I am wrong there and own that. They are wrong by starting the conversation with profanity. So we were both wrong. At least I can admit that. They couldn’t when it was all said and done.

Either way, now I only have one LFS in the area to go to. Which is fine, as I quit shopping at this one anyways and love the one I can go to. They don’t care if Reef Club Members trade or sell to each other. Even the other 2 that I am not allowed in (no rudeness at those, just made them lose some sales when they tried to tell some customers certain delicate very expensive things could be added to a tank as soon as it had water in it. Yes both of those shops did it, so I interjected to save the fish/corals and the people from utter doom. The owners of those very nicely asked me not to come back if I was gonna do that. I said ok and never went back. It was very civilized. I was also wrong for doing that.)

This shop used to be a great shop too. That’s what kills me. The guys brother gave up on him due to his attitude and quit working there. It has went downhill ever since and is sad as they have a ton of potential and a wonderful location.

Either way, I just needed to vent while putting gas in the car for the hour and half ride home.
If me I would deal with my customer before meet up or after at my or customers car.. And mention nothing inside LFS. That's me

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are such a rebel.:D

You nailed it, some people just don’t appreciate being nice and become defensive or aggressive in situations not called for.

Everything I’ve seen has been great and positive posted by you. We should start a general vent thread,I think I would post 3 pages alone.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your on a streak, 3 strikes. ...
Right. The thing is, it’s a reef club meet. Not like hey let’s meet here to sell and buy things. It was let’s meet here to discuss things and sometimes people sell or buy things. None of the other lfs have ever had a problem with this. If I knew it would have been an issue here it wouldn’t have happened. Either way it shows me who is who and what is what.

Really sad thing is, I was about to spend all the cash I had on a few fish lol. Me making some extra money and thinning out a packed tank would have made them some money. Not now.

Guess my last allowed at LFS gets the money lol.

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really be upset with the store for getting upset that you're using their place as a meeting spot for selling corals out of your house. Thats so not cool.
Those people are trying to feed their families with that income, not pay for a hobby...
That being said, I don't think its cool that they started right off with profanity

Live aquaria is pretty decent though

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are such a rebel.:D

You nailed it, some people just don’t appreciate being nice and become defensive or aggressive in situations not called for.

Everything I’ve seen has been great and positive posted by you. We should start a general vent thread,I think I would post 3 pages alone.

You have to be careful with a vent section lol. I am kind enough not to mention names, use profanity and try to keep some humor in it.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. The thing is, it’s a reef club meet. Not like hey let’s meet here to sell and buy things. It was let’s meet here to discuss things and sometimes people sell or buy things. None of the other lfs have ever had a problem with this. If I knew it would have been an issue here it wouldn’t have happened. Either way it shows me who is who and what is what.

Really sad thing is, I was about to spend all the cash I had on a few fish lol. Me making some extra money and thinning out a packed tank would have made them some money. Not now.

Guess my last allowed at LFS gets the money lol.
You showed them

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really be upset with the store for getting upset that you're using their place as a meeting spot for selling corals out of your house. Thats so not cool.
Those people are trying to feed their families with that income, not pay for a hobby...
That being said, I don't think its cool that they started right off with profanity

Live aquaria is pretty decent though

I do not use live aquaria. I prefer to support local lfs lol. Just only have one to support now.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet up at the shop but only talk trades in the parking lot. If you are at Starbucks buy a coffee and the meeting is covered .
Good luck and smooth sailing, oooohraw!

Trades and sells were all done online lol. They just got their stuff there.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One way to get on. LFS good list is to supply them with corals for credit.
Most LFS have to fight online for customers so they can get touchy when a local is selling corals. I have seen this many times in my club. We have a ton of coral sellers in the club. An this has been the best path for them to follow.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back