barbed fitting - spigot vs socket?

ihateSpirorbids

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
27
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the PF-1000 eshopps HOB overflow, I'm having a hard time figuring out which type of barbed insert I need. I'm trying to hook up a flexible vinyl tubing to the overflow via the barbed fitting. I found 2 types:

Schedule 80 Straight Barb x Female Thread (Socket)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/schedule-80-straight-barb-x-female-thread.html
Gray Pipe Adapter Spigot x Barb
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/gray-male-pipe-adapter-spigot-x-barb.html

The PF-1000 takes 1" Inner diameter. Which one would I use? Does it matter if one is schedule 40 vs schedule 80?
 
It would be the second one you linked to go into the bulkhead itself.

Bulkhead exterior threads aren't meant for other things besides the nut to go over it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new