Bare bottom or not to bare bottom??

Just as the title says.... bare bottom or not??

  • Yes go bare bottom you’ll love it.

  • No stick with sand.

  • Go with a thin layer of sand.

  • Go with 4+ inches of sand.

  • Other


Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been bare bottom since the 90's and love how there's no detritus build up (provided you have proper flow).

20230706_152935.jpg
Absolutely beautiful tank bro!
 
So I’ve always run sand in all of my tanks over the years. With this build I’ve considered the idea of running a bare bottom tank for the first time. Give me pros and cons of both ! Oh and don’t forget to vote!!

ba4dba71f04de139628df57f886d02da.jpg
In my opinion a sand bottom is for new reefers, softy tanks, lps tanks and nano tanks. People who rrrrrrrrrreally love SPS realize the benefits and go with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new