Barnacles up close

  • Thread starter Thread starter betareef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

betareef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
543
Reaction score
540
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am having a few problems in my nano-tank with fish, I am running it without fish - just corals and inverts for a month or so. Thought I'd take the time to enjoy some of the little inverts I have in there.

These are macro shots of some barnacles that I found growing on a crab shell at the local beach. Obviously some bird had eaten the crab - and it was still fresh. I took a piece of crabshell with some barnacles on it, home, and sure enough they were alive and well. They have been enjoying my tank for about a week now. They respond to the smell of food and particles in the water, by coming out and feeding all the time.


IMG_0153.jpg


Even the big barnacles have small barnacles on them :)

IMG_0159.jpg
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new