Barracuda Species ID?

johnson999

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, but here we go.

I work as an intern at a small aquarium in North Carolina. We rescued this juvenile (only 13 inches long) barracuda earlier this week, as it was previously being kept in abysmal conditions (no space to turn around, salinity too high, etc.). While we obviously know it's a barracuda, we don't know exactly what species it is. I suspect that it is a very young great barracuda (Sphyraena barracuda), but I'd appreciate the opinion of someone more knowledgeable than I. Thank you in advance.

barracudaphoto.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new