Barrier Reef News. Coral Delivery.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"We're going to have millions of individual corals and lots of other organisms all coming in together with the potential of finding new homes along our coastline."

Very exciting news. Let's hope there arent any detrimental effects to this next year as the current carries this west to the GBR.

Fingers crossed.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think this could potentially bring unwanted pest or invasive species to the GBR also.
Us west coast received flotsam for the tsunami that hit japan, there were alien hitchhikers and the dooms dayers stirred things up. Personally I think its a natural Phenom that has occurred sense time......Interesting

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think this could potentially bring unwanted pest or invasive species to the GBR also.

I thought the same thing, but they have also shared the same general waters for millenia. So I would think the natural balance of things wouldnt be disrupted much. More like the surface area is so vast on the pumice I would think its gonna look like a floating frag tank by the time it makes it's way to the Aussie coast. The sheer number of polyps from a mass spawning event on the gbr floods the surrounding ocean with infinite possibilities. Should be interesting to follow I say.

Us west coast received flotsam for the tsunami that hit japan, there were alien hitchhikers and the dooms dayers stirred things up. Personally I think its a natural Phenom that has occurred sense time......Interesting

Absolutely. Our perception of time as humans who average 80ish year life spans just get wow'ed at some natural events that take place like the sky is falling. The reality is the earth has never been stable, and these events have been happening forever. Its dynamic and forever changing, yet life persists, everywhere. Love it.

Back