OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was young I liked both the Cubs and the ChiSox. I came from a line of Cubs fans, but my best friends Dad worked for Playboy(we could never find the magazines doggone it) and they had box seats behind home plate at old comiskey. We eventually moved a few towns away, and any love for the ChiSox was erased for me. When they won the World Series I shrugged it off for some reason. My Dad was a Cubs fan, but he enjoyed the win and updated me. Looking back, it was a good win and I’m happy for ChiSox fans, and I’m even looking forward to the team they’re putting together now.

anybody else have cross town teams they don’t mind seeing have success? Cubs and the Whitesox fans have no need for beef. I’d love to see them meet in a World Series
Yankees fan here.
The 3 batter minimum ruins same handed matchups.
Stros players should be suspended for at least a year. If not, Manfred should lose his job!
The dodgers deserved ‘17 title and judge was robbed of the ‘17 MVP by altuve.
The MLB also needs to scrap the playoff “game show” idea!!!
love that bellinger said altuve stole that mvp. I love to see the players speaking up. Manfred should probably go.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start posting, and then I get distracted, and then you get whatever I’m throwing out there. Sorry.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am lucky/old enough to remember going to Giant games with my dad and watching Willie Mays play. Grew up in San Jose.
I now live 200 miles north and dont get to many games anymore.
I had season tickets for years in the 80-90's.
Been to may A's games too but am a NL fan at heart.
Would have loved to have that experience. Mays was one of the best all around. Mike trout is putting together that kind of career now, and I don’t think there’s anyone else in baseball on that kind of level. I imagine the way willie manned CF was much the way Ozzie smith handled SS. There are no equals.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the best. If you ain’t got that upper deck rookie card, you must be sitting on dozens of Jerome Walton and Dwight Smith cards. Or maybe that’s just me.;)
i have 10+ 89 griff ud ,lol

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 10+ 89 griff ud ,lol
There’s a movie that’s kind of about that card and card collecting. It’s escaping me right now, but I’ll update if no one comes up with it. It’s also about the 86 canseco donruss and has an appearance by Jose. It’s on prime or Netflix. I think the documentarian is a child actor and it’s about his dad running a baseball card business. I used to go to all the shows in the Chicagoland area back in the late 80s and early 90s. We thought we were swapping gold.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a movie that’s kind of about that card and card collecting. It’s escaping me right now, but I’ll update if no one comes up with it. It’s also about the 86 canseco donruss and has an appearance by Jose. It’s on prime or Netflix. I think the documentarian is a child actor and it’s about his dad running a baseball card business. I used to go to all the shows in the Chicagoland area back in the late 80s and early 90s. We thought we were swapping gold.
The movie is called jack of all trades. It’s ok. It’s on Netflix I think. If you have Netflix it’s at least worth fast forwarding to cansecos part of youre not a fan of that baseball card era. Maybe it’s on YouTube. I don’t mean to celebrate what seems to be a sped up guy and I hope he’s taking care of himself, but it seems to be a pretty bizarre depiction of him. If I was his agent, I wouldn’t let that video out.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi guys die hard CUBS FAN i could and wont,just a few comments grew up addison +central started going all summer long age 5 10cent bus ride loved to sit down 1st base line after the first couple of years the andy frans got know us when empty seats the started to take us buddy still from kindergarden down to great seats above dugout regularly ,enough bio,hey hey brickhouse,ernie handed me a shoulder patch 14 signed ripped off old jersey ,too many games, too many mems,at double when sammy hit think 44 45 46 yep that was my daughter screaming sammy whole first game at wall ,gave her a ball in between game said hi politly asked her to stop yelling,meet harry at malnati's in think linconwood was young uncle chi police lifer,sooo much more ,1ok2 more arnies R.I.P. hat ****,old man ****,kid,**** ,camera shots,have a brick from construction after 2016 ,OH YEAH 2016 WHAT WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME i cried,SORRY, WP_20161103_00_00_32_Pro.jpg WP_20161126_10_27_32_Pro.jpg thanks guys GO CUBS

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge Braves fan. I hate it that MLB wants to fix things that aren't broken. I'd love to see mandatory double headers come back in July and August. I would love spending the entire day at a ball park. The games aren't too long, but the season is. MLB is also way past time for expansion. This is almost double the longest drought before this one. By expanding the league you can have four divisions and expand playoffs that way.
DH is what it is. With pitchers getting 300 million dollar contracts it is a done deal.
The players involved should be suspended. Saints players were suspended.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys die hard CUBS FAN i could and wont,just a few comments grew up addison +central started going all summer long age 5 10cent bus ride loved to sit down 1st base line after the first couple of years the andy frans got know us when empty seats the started to take us buddy still from kindergarden down to great seats above dugout regularly ,enough bio,hey hey brickhouse,ernie handed me a shoulder patch 14 signed ripped off old jersey ,too many games, too many mems,at double when sammy hit think 44 45 46 yep that was my daughter screaming sammy whole first game at wall ,gave her a ball in between game said hi politly asked her to stop yelling,meet harry at malnati's in think linconwood was young uncle chi police lifer,sooo much more ,1ok2 more arnies R.I.P. hat ****,old man ****,kid,**** ,camera shots,have a brick from construction after 2016 ,OH YEAH 2016 WHAT WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME i cried,SORRY, WP_20161103_00_00_32_Pro.jpg WP_20161126_10_27_32_Pro.jpg thanks guys GO CUBS
The brickhouse call of ernies 500 is before my time, but I’ve listened to it a million times. One of the the greatest moments in Cubs history. Wheeeee!!!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have none I’ll trade ya a frag for one! I do have a Griffey jr home run ball though. But I’ll be keeping that forever.
no prob long way apart though,i do have the jr stline up rookie swinging all the cards and figures are at bottom since what 2000-2002 sitting on millions in plastic and box unfortunetly thats what they are doing sitting worth next to nil maybe my grandkids will be rich someday it will come back lol someday

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The brickhouse call of ernies 500 is before my time, but I’ve listened to it a million times. One of the the greatest moments in Cubs history. Wheeeee!!!

love love love

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge Braves fan. I hate it that MLB wants to fix things that aren't broken. I'd love to see mandatory double headers come back in July and August. I would love spending the entire day at a ball park. The games aren't too long, but the season is. MLB is also way past time for expansion. This is almost double the longest drought before this one. By expanding the league you can have four divisions and expand playoffs that way.
DH is what it is. With pitchers getting 300 million dollar contracts it is a done deal.
The players involved should be suspended. Saints players were suspended.
Love what the Braves are putting together. One of my favorite teams back in the day. Best group of pitchers the game ever saw as far as I’m concerned.
I’m so with you on the double header. Let’s play two!

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The movie is called jack of all trades. It’s ok. It’s on Netflix I think. If you have Netflix it’s at least worth fast forwarding to cansecos part of youre not a fan of that baseball card era. Maybe it’s on YouTube. I don’t mean to celebrate what seems to be a sped up guy and I hope he’s taking care of himself, but it seems to be a pretty bizarre depiction of him. If I was his agent, I wouldn’t let that video out.
I popped this movie on. It’s the second time I watched it. Watching it a second time, I have to say that Jose doesn’t seem as charged up as I thought the first time. Still a bit off, but I guess most of us are. His whistleblower book was really something. I like that the current players speaking out aren’t waiting to speak out until they retire.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the Giants ball park until they won their second World Series. Sitting in left field chanting "Balco" with my friends. Then they won too many games and tickets went from 30 bucks to 100.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the Giants ball park until they won their second World Series. Sitting in left field chanting "Balco" with my friends. Then they won too many games and tickets went from 30 bucks to 100.
It’s the best park in the big leagues. Even better now that the bullpen mounds are off the field this season. Much safer for the players. Now if only the team was going to be any good. The 3 World Series in 5 years seems a long time ago.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
kingmans shot through the window across street ,monday grabbing the burning flag,stuck in traffic 80/90 tollroad listening to woods strike out,what you traded maddox,simmer zimmer,fishing blaring radio zambrano no no ,RYNO horrible end xxxxxx wife ,this could go on forever 45 years bet seen 75% plan around work around, THEY DID IT and i lived to see it can still see in my head every minute game 7 moved the recliners out of the way for room to move pace pray jump my wife watched in bedroom said i was nuts also die hard she cried longer than i somebody had to light the fireworks i was in unicorp mchenry co in river community was better than going to park on4th for display i think just about every where you looked was lit up on and on lol

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the best park in the big leagues. Even better now that the bullpen mounds are off the field this season. Much safer for the players. Now if only the team was going to be any good. The 3 World Series in 5 years seems a long time ago.
I bet the price of tickets didn't go back though. I miss the garlic fries. They were the best ever.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back