Baseball!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to respectfully disagree with some of this. The dodgers have a great big league team, a great minor league system and a successful front office that is loaded with cash. They’ve made the playoffs 6 years straight.

There is something to be said about having a team that has fun. I believe it’s a real thing. 2016 Cubs were tight. I think it was definitely a factor.

I wouldn’t say that the Nats not picking up Harper was any kind of factor in the Nats success. The Nats made pitching acquisitions and Juan Soto and other players were more than enough to fill the hole left by Harper.

the Phillies are starting to spend now that their rebuild has started to come together. They have a very bright future. Bryce is no mike trout or even Soto imo, but he’s a superstar that’s larger than life. He’ll bring people to the ball park.
Harper has yet to even win a series and their starting rotation was scary.
The Dodgers have some of the greatest players out there today. Yet they can't win the big one.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with just about all your points. I was really hoping to see Trouts come back to his hometown area and join the Phils. Too bad Bryce ruined that by "tampering" this past season.

Phils are in spend mode and hopefully coaching changes will bring us closer to the playoffs. We have enough talent on the offensive side, but our bullpen is still our weak point... Yet we did nothing to bolster it this offseason. I don't think we can compete with the Brewers or the Dodgers.
Oh you bolstered your team alright. You got rid of your manager and somehow he ended up running my Giants. It may work out and I hope it does but a lot of Giants fans were not happy with that hire.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find a team to be loyal to. No pro teams in state. I always liked the Astros but my company has made me despise them

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find a team to be loyal to. No pro teams in state. I always liked the Astros but my company has made me despise them
I grew up in Louisiana. That is why I am a Braves Fan. I miss watching almost every game on TBS. Little secret, you can get the MLB package on Father's Day for about $40. The bad part is that you can't share your password with anyone.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi chime in here sorry all been reading no opinions
cubs win 2020 world series
grandpa rossy will make it happen
sorry for the interuption thanks guys

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in Louisiana. That is why I am a Braves Fan. I miss watching almost every game on TBS. Little secret, you can get the MLB package on Father's Day for about $40. The bad part is that you can't share your password with anyone.

Braves are the closest. Idk I just never felt a connection with them or the Falcons even though its only 3hrs.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Braves are the closest. Idk I just never felt a connection with them or the Falcons even though its only 3hrs.
I live in Montana now. No close teams. But always a die hard Braves fan. I went to most of the Braves and Giants games when I lived in California. Baseball is the greatest sport there is IMO. Few things equal watching a player like Miguel Cabrera hit a 2 run go ahead double and he is grinning from ear to ear like a little kid. That is why I loved John Kruk. In the NLDS he pulled Ron Gant off the bag on a pick off throw. After the game he admitted he pulled him off because he had watched his favorite wrestler do the same move on the TV before the game.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you bolstered your team alright. You got rid of your manager and somehow he ended up running my Giants. It may work out and I hope it does but a lot of Giants fans were not happy with that hire.

Yeah I'm surprised he got an offer from the Giants. Kapler had his moments where he looked great, but also plenty of moments when his inexperience was on full display. But hey, anything can happen so it might work out a lot better for you guys than us.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harper has yet to even win a series and their starting rotation was scary.
The Dodgers have some of the greatest players out there today. Yet they can't win the big one.
Good points. Harper has failed to produce at the highest level. Dodgers have had success, but they haven’t been able to achieve the ultimate goal. I can’t help but think that we’d look at the dodgers differently if they won in 2017, though. I still think they’re the team to beat in the NL this year.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Montana now. No close teams. But always a die hard Braves fan. I went to most of the Braves and Giants games when I lived in California. Baseball is the greatest sport there is IMO. Few things equal watching a player like Miguel Cabrera hit a 2 run go ahead double and he is grinning from ear to ear like a little kid. That is why I loved John Kruk. In the NLDS he pulled Ron Gant off the bag on a pick off throw. After the game he admitted he pulled him off because he had watched his favorite wrestler do the same move on the TV before the game.
I love his quote to the effect “I’m not a professional athlete, I’m a baseball player”. Kruk was a baller. No doubt about it.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi chime in here sorry all been reading no opinions
cubs win 2020 world series
grandpa rossy will make it happen
sorry for the interuption thanks guys
I think the Cubs still have a good shot. Still wondering if they’ll make any moves before the trade deadline essentially throwing in the towel. I hope they let it play out. Still loaded with talent. Pitching is up in the air with starters and the bullpen in my opinion.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Cubs still have a good shot. Still wondering if they’ll make any moves before the trade deadline essentially throwing in the towel. I hope they let it play out. Still loaded with talent. Pitching is up in the air with starters and the bullpen in my opinion.
Didn't the Braves get Hammels from the Cubs. Nothing like spending 18 million on old arm.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved to so il in oct completely in the dark except ross ,looking into new cable ,die hard in the dark

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't the Braves get Hammels from the Cubs. Nothing like spending 18 million on old arm.
Cole was a free agent. He’s spendy and aging, but I wouldn’t count him out. He had a little injury bug last year, but he performed well for the Cubs the year before. I think he’s good for a young team like the Braves. I’ll have to check out the contract. Not sure he’ll pay off, but I would have taken him on the Cubs for another year. Cubs are short a fifth starter and Hamels is better than the other options for sure.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved to so il in oct completely in the dark except ross ,looking into new cable ,die hard in the dark
You should get the MLB package unless you get blacked out where you’re at. Sounds like watching the Cubs this year is going to be trickier than it should be with the new network. I’ve got a few friends I’m Chicago that aren’t happy.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
csn abc is what iv'e heard

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the team to beat every year, but I am steadily losing faith in them. The chance to win it all is usually pretty short.
I hear ya. You’re definitely not the only one. They’re kind of taking on a curse. The reason I think they’re so good is their farm system. The Cubs traded away a great farm system. Really blew the future. I’d do it all again up to the World Series. The Chapman trade won it for the Cubs. Gleybar Torres was a huge price to pay. The Quintana trade the next year was probably not worth it. Now the draft picks aren’t working out on the pitching side. It’s rough, but I still trust Theo. The Jake arrietta trade is one of the great robberies in baseball trade history.
Of course, if the Dodgers don’t win it’s all moot. So you are right on. I’m a bit of a sabermetrics guy, so I’m guilty of relying on what’s on paper. It’s fun, but a bit of a curse.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baseball is the most exciting sport out there. The only thing that comes close to October baseball is March Madness.
Remember, MLB package is cheap on Father's Day weekend. Change your IP adress and you don't have to worry about blackouts. My laptop says I am in Houston so I will only miss Astros games, which I wouldn't watch anyway.

Back