Basement Bar In-Wall 300Gallon Build…

Phibberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned in my hello to the forums, I’ve trolled here for years reading up on saltwater setups in effort to be more prepared for the dive. Short background, I was a freshwater nut years ago and operated ~125 tanks..a few things got between me and the hobby with work and life, two sons are now are closing in on 10 and 11 years old. I hope they become interested in this tank as it grows. Now onto the tank….

I will share some pictures below, tank is set in wall(60x36x32high), sump(ICECAP 48xl), dual core 20 pumps, Deltec 2000i skimmer, two Neptune sky lights(for now), and I’m sure some other details I’m leaving out as a start…

I started to plumb the herbie drain setup and returns in the last 24 hours…below is where I am as of tonight…I have both drains, main with gate valve, and one return plumbed which is direct into tank, next cor20 will be plumbed into a manifold and back into the other side of the tank. Feel free to give feedback on anything you wish, its a start…I am leaving for a week but when I return my hope is to get the other return line plumbed and begin water testing on the tank. Plumbing is all dry fit currently so I can make changes… 1.5” Drains with 1” returns.

I’ll try to keep adding as I go…Ask any questions/feedback, or give any ideas - I appreciate in advance.

IMG_3065.jpeg IMG_3071.jpeg IMG_3070.jpeg IMG_3069.jpeg IMG_3067.jpeg IMG_3072.jpeg

Last edited:

OU812Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned in my hello to the forums, I’ve trolled here for years reading up on saltwater setups in effort to be more prepared for the dive. Short background, I was a freshwater nut years ago and operated ~125 tanks..a few things got between me and the hobby with work and life, two sons are now are closing in on 10 and 11 years old. I hope they become interested in this tank as it grows. Now onto the tank….

I will share some pictures below, tank is set in wall(60x36x32high), sump(ICECAP 48xl), dual core 20 pumps, Deltec 2000i skimmer, two Neptune sky lights(for now), and I’m sure some other details I’m leaving out as a start…

I started to plumb the herbie drain setup and returns in the last 24 hours…below is where I am as of tonight…I have both drains, main with gate valve, and one return plumbed which is direct into tank, next cor20 will be plumbed into a manifold and back into the other side of the tank. Feel free to give feedback on anything you wish, its a start…I am leaving for a week but when I return my hope is to get the other return line plumbed and begin water testing on the tank. Plumbing is all dry fit currently so I can make changes… 1.5” Drains with 1” returns.

I’ll try to keep adding as I go…Ask any questions/feedback, or give any ideas - I appreciate in advance.

IMG_3065.jpeg IMG_3071.jpeg IMG_3070.jpeg IMG_3069.jpeg IMG_3067.jpeg IMG_3072.jpeg
Absolutely great looking all the way

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back