Basement sump plumbing

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you want to model the head pressure in different configurations, I love this calculator. Just be sure to use gallons per MINUTE (not GPH) as your flow input.

The Cor20 is great, but might not get the job done unless you use large flex hose all the way to the return nozzle to avoid 90s.

bulensd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the large headpressure needed, did anyone install a remote control on the pump? This from the fact that you might want to start/stop the pump from the top floor while it is hard to reach in the basement. Or is it not necessary?

MRReefs

#mrreefsny
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 230 w also - very good pump. I have a 225 that I run from my basement through a crawl space up to my living room. The sump room is under my family room. I always had the hum of the hammerhead in the background. I switched over the Red Dragon and was very happy. I use them on 2 systems now and they are one of the best pumps I have used. On top of power, Energy savings they are dead quiet.

MRReefs

#mrreefsny
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition when I was first doing my plumbing I had multiple drains. I had done an overhaul 2 years ago when I upgraded tanks and switched over to a 3" drain through the crawl space. It just made it easier for the long runs I had. I have have the 3 drains coming down from the tank into the 3" then when it comes into the sump room, it splits back out. the 2 main and the 1 overflow drain. Works for me - I am sure there are all kinds of opinions and pros and cons but I had about 30 horizontal feet to run with a few turns and angles - just made it easier and handles all the volume I need.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the large headpressure needed, did anyone install a remote control on the pump? This from the fact that you might want to start/stop the pump from the top floor while it is hard to reach in the basement. Or is it not necessary?

You make an excellent point. This is a feature the OP should consider. Whether it is a feature of the pump chosen, or one implemented via IoT smart outlet, you will need to be able to remote fire/shut the pump(s).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back