Sump plumbing help

Trenton0115

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to sumps so I’m kind of at a stand still on what to do.
I got pump, came with the pictured fittings. My sump plumbing inlet is 1 1/2 - there is a thread-in bushing. The outlet side is 1 1/2" also. I’m not sure what the thread sizes are on the pump itself. My question is, do they make any special fittings that will thread onto my pump, that will then thread onto plumbing? I know I can shorten my plumbing and then connect pump to plumbing with hose, just not sure if I want to do that or if I can make it work. Would it be easier to find a completely different pump that comes with better fittings?
IMG_1637.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Trenton0115

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to sumps so I’m kind of at a stand still on what to do.
I got pump, came with the pictured fittings. My sump plumbing inlet is 1 1/2 - there is a thread-in bushing. The outlet side is 1 1/2" also. I’m not sure what the thread sizes are on the pump itself. My question is, do they make any special fittings that will thread onto my pump, that will then thread onto plumbing? I know I can shorten my plumbing and then connect pump to plumbing with hose, just not sure if I want to do that or if I can make it work. Would it be easier to find a completely different pump that comes with better fittings?
IMG_1637.jpeg

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does the gray union ball valve have a threaded fitting or slip fitting on the bottom. If it’s slip, glue a short connector to the appropriate sized adapter that came with the pump.

OP
OP
T

Trenton0115

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the gray union ball valve have a threaded fitting or slip fitting on the bottom. If it’s slip, glue a short connector to the appropriate sized adapter that came with the pump.
It’s of course threaded, lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back