Bashea vs Geo Carbon Media Reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter theishkid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

theishkid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
103
Location
Oklahoma City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide on a carbon media reactor and have narrowed it down to the Bashea 4-18 running it off a manifold, or running a Geo's Reef FMC415 with a Sicce powerhead.

Does anyone have experience with either one of these and the pros and cons of each? The Geos would be about $230 while the Bashea is $110 but I'd need to buy the manifold kit from waterbox which would add another $40.

I know these are simple media reactors but there just isn't much information about them.
 
I have 3 geo reactors. They are all top notch. They are about 10 years old. I have only replaced 1 uniseal . My fault because I removed the pipe too many times. He modified mine as 1 want reversed flow .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new