Seeking advice on a good Carbon Reactor

pianosdr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2022
Messages
54
Reaction score
20
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox LX 380, well stocked but not too heavy (21 fish; including several large tangs, butterfly, trigger, and foxface), with ReefMat 1200 + RedSea Skimmer 900 + chaeto fuge + UV.

I’m looking to add a carbon reactor to the sump for further water clarity purposes and also to handle any potential toxicity events from a few things I have. I’m interested in running BRS ROX 0.8 and so need something that can work with that with a good track record of not leaking media into the sump/DT. I’m also interested in something that’s easy to maintain.

I’ve searched for quite a while, including looking at Aquamaxx, Reef Octopus, BRS, and Torq. Each one seems to have some sort of issue in reviews, or are just simply hard to find available.

Curious if anyone has used one regularly for quite a while in a similar capacity to what I’m looking for and can point me in the right direction
 
I have a Waterbox LX 380, well stocked but not too heavy (21 fish; including several large tangs, butterfly, trigger, and foxface), with ReefMat 1200 + RedSea Skimmer 900 + chaeto fuge + UV.

I’m looking to add a carbon reactor to the sump for further water clarity purposes and also to handle any potential toxicity events from a few things I have. I’m interested in running BRS ROX 0.8 and so need something that can work with that with a good track record of not leaking media into the sump/DT. I’m also interested in something that’s easy to maintain.

I’ve searched for quite a while, including looking at Aquamaxx, Reef Octopus, BRS, and Torq. Each one seems to have some sort of issue in reviews, or are just simply hard to find available.

Curious if anyone has used one regularly for quite a while in a similar capacity to what I’m looking for and can point me in the right direction
I have been running the BRS mini reactor for over a year and I love it. I also use it for GFO as well. Bought the kit with included pump.
 
I agree on the BRS setup. Really can't beat it for the price and you can include a Sicce pump.
 
I have the Torq reactor, and it will bypass Rox 0.8 carbon, even with the finest plate. The issue isn't that it goes through the netting, it gets around the plate and the sides of the reactor. I'm sure I could put something there to stop it. I just run bigger carbon and the issue is mostly gone. There are still a few smaller pieces that make their way through, but not like the Rox.
 
I have a Waterbox LX 380, well stocked but not too heavy (21 fish; including several large tangs, butterfly, trigger, and foxface), with ReefMat 1200 + RedSea Skimmer 900 + chaeto fuge + UV.

I’m looking to add a carbon reactor to the sump for further water clarity purposes and also to handle any potential toxicity events from a few things I have. I’m interested in running BRS ROX 0.8 and so need something that can work with that with a good track record of not leaking media into the sump/DT. I’m also interested in something that’s easy to maintain.

I’ve searched for quite a while, including looking at Aquamaxx, Reef Octopus, BRS, and Torq. Each one seems to have some sort of issue in reviews, or are just simply hard to find available.

Curious if anyone has used one regularly for quite a while in a similar capacity to what I’m looking for and can point me in the right direction
I use two BRS Media reactors in my sump from BRS. One for carbon, one for GFO.

They seem to work great, and for rinsing I just have the output hose over the side of my sump, run it into a bucket until it runs clear.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new