Bashsea 6x24 and ozone

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bashsea says you can inject ozone in the skimmers but there are no instructions for anything on I can see. I picked up a used 6x24 but want to be sure I’m adding the ozone correctly. The air intake looks to come in near the top of the spiral cone but then is placed into the return pipe. Could I just throw an ozone safe t fitting in there?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bashsea says you can inject ozone in the skimmers but there are no instructions for anything on I can see. I picked up a used 6x24 but want to be sure I’m adding the ozone correctly. The air intake looks to come in near the top of the spiral cone but then is placed into the return pipe. Could I just throw an ozone safe t fitting in there?
I add my ozone into the air silencer of my skimmer. Two hours every night, controlled by my ORP probe / Neptune Apex controller.

I don't know if this skimmer resembles yours but here's another post about Bashsea / Ozone.

Make sure to do your research out in the use of ozone before starting. It's a great tool, but if used incorrectly it can present a hazard both to your tank, to you and your family :)

OP
OP
Cycleguy0623

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this, I had run across that post when searching but it dose not address ozone, just low bubble production.

I picked this summer because I’m familiar with ozone. The mostly closed design and increased dwell time make it excellent for ozone second only to a reactor from my research and understanding. I can also plumb it so that all output water goes to my UV prior to the display which will neutralize the ozone.

Needing a external skimmer for an 80 gallon tank also dose not leave many options lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back