Bashsea Smart Series Sump 3018 plumbing

puckett26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox 130.4 and I dont care for the sump it comes with, so I will be upgrading. I have decided to go with the Bashsea Smart Series Sump (3018) because it most closely resembles the dimensions of what I currently have. I will also be running a Clarisea Filter Roller. I currently have a Algae Turf Scrubber running on the tank. My question is could I connect/manifold these the 3 drain lines (Main drain, Emergency drain and, ATS drain) after the bulkheads in order to the connect them all to the Clarisea? Im wondering if doing so will mess up my ability to tune the main drain?

sss.JPG

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bashsea sump similar to yours, if not the same.

Depending on how you plumb your overflow, you may not need to combine them to run through the ClariSea. I’m running a beananimal style overflow with +90% of flow going through the main syphon.

I modified my sump so that i could hang the ClariSea in the first chamber. I dremmeled out the rear two bulkheads and filter sock holders making room for the ClariSea. I retained one of the bulkheads and filter socks for my secondary drain.

AEEBFAA6-AC9A-4E56-8FDB-22A041543E0B.jpeg

0DCF0233-2446-4843-A5F9-F4AAE8294EBC.jpeg

Upvote 0

onion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bashsea sump similar to yours, if not the same.

Depending on how you plumb your overflow, you may not need to combine them to run through the ClariSea. I’m running a beananimal style overflow with +90% of flow going through the main syphon.

I modified my sump so that i could hang the ClariSea in the first chamber. I dremmeled out the rear two bulkheads and filter sock holders making room for the ClariSea. I retained one of the bulkheads and filter socks for my secondary drain.

AEEBFAA6-AC9A-4E56-8FDB-22A041543E0B.jpeg

0DCF0233-2446-4843-A5F9-F4AAE8294EBC.jpeg
hey I have a bashsea 30x18x16 and have been searching for days how to set a clerisea on it and this is perfect. just gotta ask do you run the 3k or the 5k? and also how has the set up been performing for you? also do you have enough room to squeeze a skimmer in that same chamber as well?

Upvote 0

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sump is 36x24x24, so I can't speak to your size, but, yes, I believe a skimmer could fit in that chamber- it could be a little tight...

Here's a "fisheye" lens view from my Ring security cam in my cabinet:
IMG_0604.PNG

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back