Bashsea Sump Dual Returns

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hydrored
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2019
Messages
4,013
Reaction score
14,838
Location
The great state of Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a Bashsea Sump that can confirm you can fit 2 return pumps? Looking at the 48 or 60 inch and need to fit dual COR20’s

SS-48 Signature Series Sump (48 x 15 x 16) - Bashsea

Thanks!
 
Does anybody have a Bashsea Sump that can confirm you can fit 2 return pumps? Looking at the 48 or 60 inch and need to fit dual COR20’s

Thanks!

I can't speak for the stock sumps themselves but could you contact Bashsea and have them make a slightly modified version to ensure the dual pumps fit? I believe they still do custom work but it's been a while so maybe not anymore...
 
@Hydrored I don't have the Signature Series sump but do have the 48" Smart Series, had a Gentleman asking the same question on here a while back so I took a couple pics for him. I don't think you could fit two pumps in there, maybe if they're smaller pumps and no intake screen protectors. Here is mine with a VarioS 8 in the return chamber. The Bashsea specs are correct on the return section. Hope this helps you.

IMG_pump01.jpg IMG_pump02.jpg
 
@Hydrored I don't have the Signature Series sump but do have the 48" Smart Series, had a Gentleman asking the same question on here a while back so I took a couple pics for him. I don't think you could fit two pumps in there, maybe if they're smaller pumps and no intake screen protectors. Here is mine with a VarioS 8 in the return chamber. The Bashsea specs are correct on the return section. Hope this helps you.

IMG_pump01.jpg IMG_pump02.jpg

thank you! I ended up cutting out the divider, hopefully bubbles don’t make it through.
 
Oh nice, I thought about that, how did you cut it out?
 
Ahhh, a zip saw! I think bubbles would be my biggest concern, hopefully you don't have a problem with them. Keep us posted on how it's working out for you.
 
As mentioned I have the Smart sump and decided to go Skimmer in 1st chamber and fuge in 2nd, hopefully it works out-time will tell.

I actually have one of those darn tools, didn't realize I could use it to cut acrylic!
 
I have the SS and love it, but have no idea why they make the return chamber so small.

I actually was wondering if your black sponge in the pre-filter section lifts out? The sumps I have seen the block is supposed to pull out to clean. Mine is glued in. I was wondering if anyone else’s was glued in or was I the only lucky one.
 
Mine were definitely not glued in the signature series. I would pull it out so you can clean it

I may have to contact them to get a replacement one. Gonna have to cut this one. Maybe I get another free T-shirt. :D
 
Mine aren't glued in either, it's three blocks and they can be removed for cleaning. I wonder if your's was placed in there while some of the glue was still wet and accidently glued in? I'd say pull harder and see what happens. ;)
 
Does anybody have a Bashsea Sump that can confirm you can fit 2 return pumps? Looking at the 48 or 60 inch and need to fit dual COR20’s

SS-48 Signature Series Sump (48 x 15 x 16) - Bashsea

Thanks!
chiming in a bit late here but my calculations said it would be a struggle if it worked at all. I ended up designing my own custom return section and tank to fit two COR-20's from Bashsea's signature series (based off their 60). It should be here in a few weeks.
 
@Hydrored I don't have the Signature Series sump but do have the 48" Smart Series, had a Gentleman asking the same question on here a while back so I took a couple pics for him. I don't think you could fit two pumps in there, maybe if they're smaller pumps and no intake screen protectors. Here is mine with a VarioS 8 in the return chamber. The Bashsea specs are correct on the return section. Hope this helps you.

IMG_pump01.jpg IMG_pump02.jpg
I have the same sump and there’s no way to fit two pumps in there.
 
I have the SS-60 for a new tank i am sitting up in the next month. Purchased 2 Reef Octopus Vario S-6 pumps for dual return pumps. I was able to dry fit them as long as I pulled the muffler off the front. I have them sideways, each facing opposite direction so the vertical pluming will be offset as well. Plan on screw on or glue some sort of low profile "grill" to keep anything chunk from getting sucked into the pump and damaging them. Haven't set up the system yet, so not running and not sure what issues will encounter. From a space perspective, they fit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new