Basic frag tank setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cwentz758
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
1,357
Reaction score
880
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there have a basic frag tank setup? I’m looking here at the Nuvo black 6g. Just curious of what equipment I’ll need to run. I have heaters power heads and an extra light. Do I need to run a HOB with some media or carbon? Should I cycle the tank with something like biospira? Or just use DT water.
 
Are you planning to run it stand alone or plumbed to your display?
 
If you want to keep acro frags in it I would suggest getting a much bigger tank.

At least 24g but preferably 40gor larger.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new