Basket Star

Me too! It’s hard to get a picture with the lights off, but that’s when it opens to feed.
IMG_2666.jpeg
So cool!!
 
Super interesting thread! How's the little guy doing?
 
Super interesting thread! How's the little guy doing?
Still going strong. Sticks to one gorgonian and stretches out fully at night to capture food in its basket. Probably grown from quarter to half-dollar size in the time I’ve had him.
 
Still going strong. Sticks to one gorgonian and stretches out fully at night to capture food in its basket. Probably grown from quarter to half-dollar size in the time I’ve had him.
What are you feeding him now that he's gotten a little bigger?
 
Following up on the basket star. It’s very active and climbs from gorgonian to gorgonian without touching the floor. It opens during the day intermittently, but most of the night. It shows feeding activity when phyto, coral gumbo, oyster feast, and cyclopods are fed. Not interested in mysis. Too early to say I’ve been successful, but the high level of activity and observable feeding activity have me cautiously optimistic.


FE973817-2E3A-4995-8DB0-53FD8F6306E5.jpeg
Any updates?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new