Basket Star

Kittenslim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn’t a whole lot of info on here about these guys, so I wanted to provide another update. The basket star has grown and moves around quite a bit in the tank. Instead of surging the glass or hiding in the substrate, it travels on the gorgonions or, occasionally, soft corals.

It’s eating mysis in this video. Baby brine shrimp and oyster feast also seem well-received.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.mov
    68.5 MB

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

OP
OP
Kittenslim

Kittenslim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn’t a whole lot of info on here about these guys, so I wanted to provide another update. The basket star has grown and moves around quite a bit in the tank. Instead of surging the glass or hiding in the substrate, it travels on the gorgonions or, occasionally, soft corals.

It’s eating mysis in this video. Baby brine shrimp and oyster feast also seem well-received.

How long have you had him and how old is your tank? They don’t have the best track record in captivity.

Here’s the video on TikTok. The video I posted doesn’t seem to be working:

OP
OP
Kittenslim

Kittenslim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had him and how old is your tank? They don’t have the best track record in captivity.
I know they have a poor track record and I’m not recommending them. I’ve had mine for 7 months. It’s eating, growing, and very active in my seahorse/nps tank that’s about a year old.

I added quite a bit of Tampa Bay live rock initially and I believe the biodiversity has been helpful.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know they have a poor track record and I’m not recommending them. I’ve had mine for 7 months. It’s eating, growing, and very active in my seahorse/nps tank that’s about a year old.

I added quite a bit of Tampa Bay live rock initially and I believe the biodiversity has been helpful.
Awesome!:) They are really cool critters.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back