Battery Backup Setup Completed

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple of power outages last week, getting this done rose to the top of my priority list. :)

Curious about how others set up their battery system. Here's what mine looks like:

battery_backup_setup.jpg

Tonight I'll run cables to my Ecotech devices upstairs, but the main build is ready to go.

Parts list :

- 100ah Lithium Phosphate Iron battery (a bit overboard, but I wanted it to scale for other tanks down the road)
- Battery Monitor with a Shunt
- Battery Charger (mine is a high-power charger, but it's extremely loud. I would make a different choice next time)
- Kill Switch
- Fuse Block

The charger takes 1 space on the fuse block leaving me with enough capacity for 11 devices total. I eventually plan on using this to power the Hydros Kraken for the DT, but for now, will run individual lines to the MP40s and Vectra w/the 24v accessory. The Kraken won't support charging w/Lithium batteries, but I won't need it anyway.

OP
OP
A

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very nice. I really like that charger, I made a poor choice with mine. It's loud and obnoxious. I really don't need to charge the thing from 0% to full in 2hrs. Got a bit over my skiis there...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back