Battle against Nitrate!!

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well kudos to not needing to blast clean it I’m a little sad we didn’t have a totally wrecked tank to run surgery
Here ya go.

This is the end.jpg

Problem is that this is about 25 years ago .. so you are too late. :p

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the system above is classic sandbed open scape waste catch potential so I’d recommend early cleaning of the sandbed now before it builds. Activity vs inactivity, they indeed won’t self clean. See how no worms are in it...open spaces for detritus and nothing will mind the first year, but year two of storage plus the occasional over feed plus a few put off sessions of water change/ common for us/ is the exact formula anyone posting for algae help in the nuisance forum has used

really nice system above it is. Plant a bunch of lps frags all over the scape get it filled in with hungry flesh for feeding and water change work

**Hudu that system was pumping tons of pods for good coral food

Reab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! You are absolutely right. I’ve recently added a few frags and they are all open and seem to be happy. Apart from an older leather finger coral which really is unhappy. It’s why I half heartedly think that the test results may be incorrect. Everything seems fine. I will check out Paul B’s posts. Always looking to build on my knowledge. Thanks for the valuable advice.
Remember to take into account for how leathers grow. If you were unaware, leathers(specifically toadstool and finger) close up and shed their outer layer once a certain growth point has reached, kind of like an exoskeleton. I have seen this process take a few days to a few weeks depending on the aquarium.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back