Battle Salt Creep! How do you fight it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlazinNano
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
1,489
Location
AltamonteSprings, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how does everyone fight salt creep? I have two sumps. The first on is my skimmer sump. Well the salt creep sucks. It gets all over the skimmer body and edges of the sump. I normally just try and wipe it off. Is there anything special anyone else does to try and win the battle?
 
As far as the sump and skimmer. I make it part of my weekly maintenance. I use the turkey baster and just squirt over the equipment in my sump and that usually controls it enough for me.
 
I put a little vaseline on things where salt accumulates...also where airlines and cords come out of the water, around the rim of the tank and a ring around the skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new