Battlecorals Shag Priority Official Entries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update #4

may_SP.jpg

SP_may.jpg

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up one morning to find my shag bleach white. Looked fine the day before. No clue what happened. All parameters that I test for have been good. The Cookie Monster behind it doesn’t look very good right now either.
F6F1569B-06E5-40FA-9787-7B4CAEFC051A.jpeg

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up one morning to find my shag bleach white. Looked fine the day before. No clue what happened. All parameters that I test for have been good. The Cookie Monster behind it doesn’t look very good right now either.

I wasn't part of the contest, but have been following this thread since I received this coral in my BattleBox and wanted to see how others have been doing with it. My frag did well for 2-3 weeks, and is now starting to lose flesh. Same boat as you in that I have no idea what could be causing it, since I'm all over my parameters these days, and other acros are growing and doing fine. It seems like this one might be really sensitive to shipping (or in general?), and it sounds like from a few people here that they had STN early in the game, but if it survived, they took off. Most of my BC stuff is doing great, but this will be my first loss of one of my BCs.

I wonder what takeaways Adam is getting from these growout contests. It would be interesting to be able to use this a controlled experiment for coral success, assuming appropriate tank and parameter information is posted by people.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't part of the contest, but have been following this thread since I received this coral in my BattleBox and wanted to see how others have been doing with it. My frag did well for 2-3 weeks, and is now starting to lose flesh. Same boat as you in that I have no idea what could be causing it, since I'm all over my parameters these days, and other acros are growing and doing fine. It seems like this one might be really sensitive to shipping (or in general?), and it sounds like from a few people here that they had STN early in the game, but if it survived, they took off. Most of my BC stuff is doing great, but this will be my first loss of one of my BCs.

I wonder what takeaways Adam is getting from these growout contests. It would be interesting to be able to use this a controlled experiment for coral success, assuming appropriate tank and parameter information is posted by people.
Hopefully it's okay to post this here as the thread is supposed to be just for entries. If not, feel free to remove it. I actually found that my float switch holder which was 3d printed (purchased on ebay) was made of PLA had begun to disolve into the water. Ended up loosing the shag priority and a Cookie monster and another generic acro. I have since pulled the dissolving holder from my ATO and haven't lost anymore corals so I think that was the issue. All parameters seemed stable and never found anything out of wack. I also got a confused rainbow monti from BC when I ordered this frag and it still looks great and is growing well.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back