Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think some people’s frags start to go down hill and they don’t want to share it. We are all in this together and sharing pics while it’s good or bad helps motivate others to continue to post.

I definitely got discouraged in November. My frag is doing nothing plus I'm battling some tank issues.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag half died everything else in my tank is fine and I didn’t post up because I’m mad and sad I figure if it turns around in the next month that will be the pic I’m alowed to miss

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank looks pretty bad due to a dino bloom. Been fighting this for at least the past 3 months. However, all corals seem to be doing fine. I am kinda embarrassed to post pics of my tank because of how it looks, lol.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I've been at this for a long time I consider myself an SPS noob. I entered this contest to learn and challenge myself, and it has already delivered!

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I placed my frag better its leaning forward a little bit and the back get more light and growing much better.
20190104_181434.jpeg

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag won't grow at all. Crazy I don't understand what causes that. Some frags start growing immediately and some stay stagnant for months. Anyone know the cause?
This is one of the things about reefkeeping that makes me think that we really don't know all that is going on with acropora. Why is a piece of the same coral thriving in one tank, but languishing in another that has many other healthy growing acropora in it? Why does a frag suddenly take off after its done nothing for months even though no change that I can perceive has occurred in my tank? Personally, I really enjoy the fact that there seems to be much more going on inside these beauties than we (or at least, I) know. It adds an element of mystery, discovery, challenge and even dread to our hobby. I don't think I would still be investing the time and $ in this hobby after all these years if every coral I ever dumped in a bucket of saltwater thrived.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all 20 of my battlecorals in one spectacular week from hell about 4 weeks after they arrived. They were looking great until they weren't. I entered the death spiral zone: making adjustments because they're dying and they're dying because I'm making adjustments.

20181030_001902.jpg

20181030_154037.jpg

View attachment 20181004_194121.jpg

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all 20 of my battlecorals in one spectacular week from hell about 4 weeks after they arrived. They were looking great until they weren't. I entered the death spiral zone: making adjustments because they're dying and they're dying because I'm making adjustments.

20181030_001902.jpg

20181030_154037.jpg

What happened

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20181030_001902.jpg

20181030_154037.jpg

Man that's beyond rough. Sorry to hear that. All 20 started looking bad within the same week? Any acros left? I know how much time, effort and money we put into this and it sucks to lose anything.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened

Man that's beyond rough. Sorry to hear that. All 20 started looking bad within the same week? Any acros left? I know how much time, effort and money we put into this and it sucks to lose anything.

I didn't do a great job of quarantining the corals when they arrived. I gave them all a bayer dip and called it a day. Everything was great for about 3 weeks when the skin began falling off the 9 smooth skinned ones over the course of 2 days. The remaining sps turned brown over the course of a week and died in QT as well.

I ordered at ICP test and it came back normal. My best guess is that I had a temperature swing as the RJ11 clip on my apex temp probe snapped off causing it to give inconsistent/inaccurate readings.

My entire tank crashed shortly after the sps died. The only thing that survived were zoas and the fish.

In retrospect, I made a huge mistake by ordering so many corals at once. In the end of the day, I wish I had ordered 5 at a time. I was spread too thin to give them the tlc needed and didn't have enough time to retroactively isolate variables for troubleshooting each struggling coral.

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Frag is actually doing very well, Not as great of growth as some of the others but colored up very well and a decent growth, the end of last year was a bit too crazy for me and I just got around to cleaning my tank this past weekend for the first time since early November luckily the tank is fully automated so it really doesn't require me to do anything day to day or even week to week which is nice. I will continue to post pictures even though I am out for not posting 2 months in a row.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have bubbaque beat so far in the sniper blue contest. Just saying I know i still have like 6 months to go.
tenor.gif
Alright you made me take a pic of the back of the frag, lol. It's hard for me to take a pic of the back because of where it's at and I try not to move it but the back is where most of my growth is. I do think it's a close call between us so far.

Day 1
Snipers blue Day 1.jpg

now. Backside is the bottom of the pic
Snipers contest frag.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back