BC Bonfire Grow Out Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Intheflesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my entry and battle box today. Few things I need: a plastic ruler (ha!), a 100mm macro and an Avast porthole! My cell phone pics will have to do for now.

back row:
Bonfire, set for stun, pink bubblegum mille, mr neutron, planet yellow, bc bliss

middle row:
Pink flamingo, orange passion, shaggy shortcake, San jays leprechaun beard, blood bank, rainbow tenius, bc baja

front:
Aqua man, blue ghost, mother of pearl, bleeding g tree, deep sunset

0B6D1268-5A0D-4749-B38E-2AE358277E51.jpeg

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. everyone should have received an email from me at this point. I sent out that last round this Am for next week's schedule. if you don't see it please check your spam, or shoot me an email and we'll get you on schedule for next week
Still waiting for those 2 to not reply, haha!

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll love the mothership table! Nice polyp extension and contrasting colors. Here’s a pic of mine from tonight:
A79DE609-BCA6-4622-9899-7CB193A618F2.jpeg
I 2nd this. I got a mothership frag as a freebie from @Battlecorals a couple of months ago. Polyp extension on this one is phenomenal.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much testosterone in this thread. Guess I'm the only girl in the competition. ;)

System details:

Red Sea Reefer XL 425 - running 2 years, upgrade from a 5-year old system

ATI Sunpower with Reefbrite XHO Actinic LED

Red Sea RSK-300 Skimmer

Icecap 4K Gyre and 3K Gyre w/ 2 Vivid Random Flow Generators

5 large fish, 7 years old, feed heavy

Tropic Marin Balling System on auto doser and Reefer's Moonshine Program

Nutrient control is skimmer, refugium, GFO reactor, Nopox dosed daily, Probido Biodigest dosed bi-weekly, so heavy import, heavy export

Parameters - alk - 7.3, cal. - 440, mag - 1400, NO3 - 12, PO4 - .08

My contest frag will be here on Thursday and will post pics then in the other thread. Good luck everyone! This will be fun.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found the spot for my grow out frag. I've removed it from the plug and I hope this is its final home. I think it looks happy. Fingers crossed.:)

IMG_0722.jpg
That's genius to use putty to remove those hard corners the coral has to grow down! I'm gonna have to do that now...

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's genius to use putty to remove those hard corners the coral has to grow down! I'm gonna have to do that now...

It works great with plugs also. If the frag has encrusted the top of the frag and you want to try to hide the plug a bit, you can mold the putty around the plug and blend it into the rock. As the frag continues to encrust, it makes it look like a natural growth onto the rock.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Guys.

so the bulk of the bonfire frags have all been shipped. minus a few that I am holding a little longer, and a few replacements I need to ship out next week.

The good news is that I definitely have more contests to go around. I'd say at least 6-7 frags of equal size. So if there's anyone in line waiting for the word, please feel free to shoot me an email or message here and i can get you set up.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back