Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on this forum for a while. I try to be as polite to everyone as I can be. I personally can care less if a someone attacks me (I'm a big kid, I can take it). If all you want to be is be negative, a self proclaimed "know-it-all", we have this nifty little thing called an ignore list, I'll be happy to place you on it;).

Experience in the hobby is great, share it willingly, stop thinking yours is the best, we all know it's not! Be nice to people on your rounds around here and on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down. I think our culture at large encourages all of us to always put our best foot forward. I think it's a good thing. I think it's nice to rise to the occasion, to be kind and considerate, and have self control, did I mention "self control"o_O.

If we don't plant the right things, we will reap the wrong things. It goes without saying. And you don't have to be, you know, be a brilliant marine biologist and you don't have to have an IQ of 150. Just common sense tells you to be kind, ninny, fool. Be kind.

Kind words are
short and easy to
speak, but their
echoes are
TRULY ENDLESS.
~Mother Teresa

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree this has been a great place to get and share knowledge and experiences. The reasons because of the core idea that we are family friendly and show respect to each other as we share and help one another. We have a great group of active administrative team and great friendly people on reef squad to set the example and help others. There's many ways to achieve a happy reef but being rude and crass isn't one of them. Whatever's happened to the old if you have nothing positive to say then don't say anything. We can agree to disagree without flaming each other for one's opinions. I'm totally with Alex I'm a big boy and can brush off most things but that's not saying others may be hurt offended or leave the community because of rudeness n lack of respect some show when online. I truly enjoy it here and try to help make it a place people who are new will want to keep active. I know many others do also. Just remember we all were new n needed help and we all can learn more. It's our community lets keep it a place we're all happy and enjoy even look forward to our time here by simply being kind and respectful to one another.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said Alex! I've been around too many blocks to get upset at the "opinions" expressed by those thinking they are "facts". I'll show my age a little, but I truly believe this is a societal issue at this point. With MySpace, YourSpace, Twitter, Instagram, Whatever Gram, far too many base their own self-worth on the feedback/likes/shares/re-tweets/re-posts/etc. they receive on social media. They are not quite sure how to handle it when someone doesn't agree with them and consider it a personal attack, instead of a difference of opinion. There will be those that disagree with that statement, but that's okay, it's just my opinion and not a fact!

I also agree with Steve in that the admin's and reef squad here on R2R do a great job setting the example. After all, this is just a hobby, that I truly love, but it doesn't even rank on the important things in my life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever's happened to the old if you have nothing positive to say then don't say anything. We can agree to disagree without flaming each other for one's opinions. I'm totally with Alex I'm a big boy and can brush off most things but that's not saying others may be hurt offended or leave the community because of rudeness n lack of respect some show when online.

Great point, it's like as if the concealment behind a computer screen negates proper social interactions, since when did that become ok?!?!

I'll show my age a little, but I truly believe this is a societal issue at this point. With MySpace, YourSpace, Twitter, Instagram, Whatever Gram, far too many base their own self-worth on the feedback/likes/shares/re-tweets/re-posts/etc. they receive on social media. They are not quite sure how to handle it when someone doesn't agree with them and consider it a personal attack, instead of a difference of opinion. There will be those that disagree with that statement, but that's okay, it's just my opinion and not a fact!

David, you just nailed it!

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm able to resist 99% of the time, wanting to go what are you thinking. Now telling me pellets are good for eels and that's what you feed them, and then ya I might not be able to resist lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well said and thanks for the reminder!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back