Bean animal help

J3ans

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Lima
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm setting up a bean animal to an aquarium with a return pump 8.000 GPH what size of pipe should I need to use? 3 x 2"
 
I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly: You want to do 8,000 GPH through a single, gravity fed pipe, on a tank? What is the 3 x 2" regarding?
 
For 8,000 GPH, I don’t think even a 2” siphon will be sufficient. More like 3”. Assuming you’d want the bean emergency to be able to handle 8,000 GPH in a, well, emergency, I think you’d need 4”.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new