Beautiful 16k gallons. LI aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter mbmax
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mbmax

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2014
Messages
254
Reaction score
268
Location
Watchung, nj
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in Long Island, New York over the weekend and decided to visit the Long Island aquarium. It is a small aquarium compare to other aquariums that I have visited . ( Boston , Georgia , San Francisco , among others) . But I was blown away by how beautiful and well kept was their reef display.
16 k gallons full of colorful SPS , clams and hundreds of fish ,.
5fd47ea7-5591-4346-8a35-59af8e034af5.jpeg
20e59815-8512-4ad3-ab8d-f634cdc3e029.jpeg
 
I have to find out who is in charge of keeping it . Congratulations are in order.
 
I will send a note to the aquarium congratulating him.
 
Grew up going to this aquarium every weekend as a kid, when it was still Atlantis Marine World Mom had the yearly membership and had no idea she was creating an addict. That reef tank got me into this hobby and continues to keep me in it. Every time I go it seems something’s changed in the best way possible. In highschool my marine biology class had a field trip to the Aquarium for a private tour from Joe, super nice guy and you can really tell he loves what he does. That reef is so amazing, and clear labor of love. We got a tour behind the scenes and I wish I could put to words what it looked like from above. Absolutely amazing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new