OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At most, I expect you might have diatoms from the silicates in the new sand. I upgraded from a 90 to a 140, all old rocks, new sand, had diatoms for about 45 days and then they were just gone.
Stop filling my head with nonsense like hopes and dreams.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks' looking great! I love the blood shrimp (my favorite next to a golden copper band).

Funny how the clown can get lost in there being black!

Fingers crossed you skip the uglies!

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new set up. Great way to bounce back. Is the fire shrimp a new addition?
He is. I always drop one in a tank. They are great to watch. I also put an acro from the LFS. But everything else came from the other tank.

@Haggisman14

I seem to always put one in. They provide a color that can't be ignored and a especially in a clown only tank with a disappearing black clown they provide some movement.

Once the emerald crab in here is dead I'll probably add another fire shrimp and a load of more delicate inverts. Acro crabs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's time for a new light... I know it is.

I have the prime as low as I can hang it and all but 3 channels all the way up. One of the 3 is around 75%. I'm barely tapping 230 par at the tops of the rocks.
1000004965.jpg

1000004972.png

That should keep things alive until my wife finishes paying for her misdeed by giving me a cheap Chinese led.

I still think Primes have their place, just not on a 15 gal tank.

Oh, I found an old chalice laying in the bottom of my old tank. It was a freebie from someone. It never really grew and my pistol shrimp used it for a period of months as his cave. It has some color, a bit of green, but boy is it ugly. I set it front and center. Hopefully it cleans up nice and actually grows.
1000004967.jpg

I'll post updates on the worlds ugly living chalice. 1000004966.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted a bedside nano but didn't want to give up my night stand. So I decided to put a leaf on the cabinet to use as a side table. The cabinet will hold the ATO, dose reservoir, and the doser.

For now, I need the cabinet carcass finished so that I can set the tank on it. The stand I'm using isn't budging. But I don't trust it. I will put a single door on it after I get back from the Thanksgiving holiday. I plan on a flat pullout shelf inside of the door to mount all of the controllers on.

1000005010.jpg

1000005011.jpg

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted a bedside nano but didn't want to give up my night stand. So I decided to put a leaf on the cabinet to use as a side table. The cabinet will hold the ATO, dose reservoir, and the doser.

For now, I need the cabinet carcass finished so that I can set the tank on it. The stand I'm using isn't budging. But I don't trust it. I will put a single door on it after I get back from the Thanksgiving holiday. I plan on a flat pullout shelf inside of the door to mount all of the controllers on.

1000005010.jpg

1000005011.jpg
Great idea!

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am absolutely loving the black substrate look. I used black sand in my pico and it's -such- a vibe. Looking great all around

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am absolutely loving the black substrate look. I used black sand in my pico and it's -such- a vibe. Looking great all around
I've never used black before. But I had so much coral (for a nano) that I was moving over. Seemed like white would kinda wash out the corals a bit. So I figured the negative space feels from black would work well. The only bad part is that the only fish that will ever live in it is a black and white clown. She disappears in there.

I appreciate the comments.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the same lower PAR values to be true when I had two Primes over my IM20. This is what drove me to replace them with a 24" ReefBreeders Photon V2+.

For my two IM15g builds, I use a Noopsyche K7 Pro V3 over each, delivering 300 PAR midway into the SPS build and 225 midway on the LPS build. @Projects with Sam (ParlAquatics) makes a nice 3D printed shade that helps with light spill into the room.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 10.38.22 AM.png

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the same lower PAR values to be true when I had two Primes over my IM20. This is what drove me to replace them with a 24" ReefBreeders Photon V2+.

For my two IM15g builds, I use a Noopsyche K7 Pro V3 over each, delivering 300 PAR midway into the SPS build and 225 midway on the LPS build. @Projects with Sam (ParlAquatics) makes a nice 3D printed shade that helps with light spill into the room.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 10.38.22 AM.png
I put a photon 24 over my IM 25 lagoon. Wow it lights it up.

But I'm pretty set on putting the K7 pro V3 on my 15 just like you have. While I'd like a little more par penetration, I really want to get rid of the shadowing that comes from a single chipset center in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back