Been away for awhile and want to get back in

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 180G tank that didn't exactly go as planned as in I didn't have a lid on it and the room it was in was so hot that the evaporation eventually caved the ceiling in overtop of it. That was a couple years ago and I have since moved into a house with central air and I will definitely be putting a lid on any new tank I set up. I'm looking for a 30-40G tank for my bedroom and was wondering if you guys know of any good online retailers other than BRS. If they are even good that's the only one I know of. There is only 1 store anywhere near me and they are good but their tank selection isn't great.

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for a rimmed or rimless tank? Cube or rectangle? All in one or hob gear or will you have an external sump?
Sorry I definitely didn't leave enough info, I have no preference for rimmed or rimless, preferably rectangle and I'm good with an AIO or external sump. Just don't like hob

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I definitely didn't leave enough info, I have no preference for rimmed or rimless, preferably rectangle and I'm good with an AIO or external sump. Just don't like hob
I mean you're paying for it homie. Hop on the Google machine and look at the difference between them and make a call because the price doubles from rimmed to rimless. They also look a lot better imo.

Also you kind of do need to make a call on all in one or not. Again that changes the game. I would love a 50 cube Aoi.

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean you're paying for it homie. Hop on the Google machine and look at the difference between them and make a call because the price doubles from rimmed to rimless. They also look a lot better imo.

Also you kind of do need to make a call on all in one or not. Again that changes the game. I would love a 50 cube Aoi.
I'm mainly just trying to find a reputable online dealer where I can look at them. I probably would just go rimmed because of the price and while I would prefer an external sump since I have the space for it and I like having the whole tank on my stand be just the display, I would consider an AIO if I found one that looked like it would work for me. I'm pretty flexible. Like I said, I'm just trying to find different online dealers since there aren't many stores near me

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm mainly just trying to find a reputable online dealer where I can look at them. I probably would just go rimmed because of the price and while I would prefer an external sump since I have the space for it and I like having the whole tank on my stand be just the display, I would consider an AIO if I found one that looked like it would work for me. I'm pretty flexible. Like I said, I'm just trying to find different online dealers since there aren't many stores near me
Aqua Japan will be my next tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back