Been in the hobby almost 3 years.

Out of curiosities sake, why did you downsize from a 40 breeder to a 28? I used to have a standard 20 that was really easy to keep and then upgraded to a 30 long and had nothing but problems. I've long thought about setting up a 40 or 53 breeder but the overall cost has kept me from doing it.
It was due to footprint and the space I have for the tank in my room. Having the 40 breeder took up a large walk space so downgrading helped a ton. Im curious what problems your running into now though?
 
It was due to footprint and the space I have for the tank in my room. Having the 40 breeder took up a large walk space so downgrading helped a ton. Im curious what problems your running into now though?
I lost all of my inverts within a week of transferring them to the 30 gallon tank. After that it was time for a break so I took the tank down and threw it out on the curb. That was 3 years ago.

This weekend I'm going to be setting up an IM 15 gallon cube. I wanted to go smaller this time around due to space limitations and the fact that we'll (more than likely) be moving within the next year or two. I figured a small tank would be easier to break down and transport vs. a large 40/53 breeder.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new