Been out a long time but coming back recently after a move!

CrazyCrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been out for 5 years but decided since life has settled down, Its time to get back into my favorite hobby! Found a nice setup locally here that I’ve just set Up. Looking for ideas on fish that dont jump. Its a 30 gallon rimless frag style tank but looks really nice I’m planning to do a shallow reef But really don’t want to put a lid on it. So any suggestions would be great.

OP
OP
C

CrazyCrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. Any fish is prone to jumping. From what I’ve read keeping your rock work near the water line cuts back on potential carpet surfers

Hmm interesting so you mean throughout the tank tank? I guess the rocks prevent them from having quite as much open space at the top then.

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm interesting so you mean throughout the tank tank? I guess the rocks prevent them from having quite as much open space at the top then.

I have two peaks with an open middle in mine (but a bit bigger at a 120) and never hand a jumper. My top is about 4 in from the surface. I have wrasses and never seen them jump. My wife has a 30g with a rock work about 3 in from the surface and all the way across. Never had a jumper. That being said could just be dumb luck. Just offering up an interesting theory

OP
OP
C

CrazyCrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two peaks with an open middle in mine (but a bit bigger at a 120) and never hand a jumper. My top is about 4 in from the surface. I have wrasses and never seen them jump. My wife has a 30g with a rock work about 3 in from the surface and all the way across. Never had a jumper. That being said could just be dumb luck. Just offering up an interesting theory
I think its just luck in that case. I know wrasses are one of the main jumpers but 4” Is quite a hurdle mine is 1” (rimless tank)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back