Coming back after a very long time!

EastTNReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I am returning to the hobby after a several year hiatus.

I mostly keep LPS and Zoas, but this time around, I am going to venture into the world of SPS.

I have already ordered my new tank. It is a 150 gallon Starfire glass tank from SCA.

I’m looking forward to sharing with y’all.

OP
OP
EastTNReefing

EastTNReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I am also coming back after many years out. Good luck with you 150 gallon build, would love to see pics when you get it going!
I’m excited. What’s really overwhelming me right now is how much lighting has changed. I ran T5/MH for years, now LED seems to be the new thing.

While I’m waiting on my tank to deliver, I’m spending most of my time researching lights.

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef
Whats Up Hello GIF by Disney Channel

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m excited. What’s really overwhelming me right now is how much lighting has changed. I ran T5/MH for years, now LED seems to be the new thing.

While I’m waiting on my tank to deliver, I’m spending most of my time researching lights.
I'm far from an expert, but I had T5 and metal halide years ago, and they are absolutely still tried and true lighting solutions that just work, so don't be afraid to go with what you know, so to speak. The new LED's are very nice, they have a lot of controllability and cool features, but all those features sometimes lead to people constantly tweaking and adjusting the settings, which can lead to unhappy corals. Do your research and look into the newest lighting options, but I think many would advise you to choose your settings and keep them there. Change things only very slowly if you really think you need to. A PAR meter can help, which can be rented, purchased and retuned through BRS for a minor restocking fee, or borrowed from another local reefer. And too little light intensity is far less of a problem than too much light intensity, which can smoke your corals quickly.

Best of luck with whatever you choose!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I am returning to the hobby after a several year hiatus.

I mostly keep LPS and Zoas, but this time around, I am going to venture into the world of SPS.

I have already ordered my new tank. It is a 150 gallon Starfire glass tank from SCA.

I’m looking forward to sharing with y’all.
Welcome!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back