Beer fridge maintenance

  • Thread starter Thread starter Auquanut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This all sounds so good!! One question: Can all of this be done in the garage which is where I'll have to live if I try to get the idea past my better (and more responsible) half?
Yes. I brew on my back patio because you will want a turkey fryer burner to get heat to heat up about 7 gallons of water. I have small cooler in my tool shed for fermenting in the summer but in the winter I usually ferment in my garage and put a heat wrap around my bucket that is hooked up to an Inkbird for temp control. If you want to adjust your water profile, using your RODI system is a good way to get pure water. I grind my own grains but most home brew shops can do the grinding for you as well. I have a 4 keg tap system in my garage but you can bottle real easy.
 
love it ,it may cost a lil more elec,but best way to defrost the oldie's,leave on ,don't dial down to low ,leave setting alone,get a pile of towels,space heater and or fan, just open and melt her running ;) she's a beaut:cool:
 
love it ,it may cost a lil more elec,but best way to defrost the oldie's,leave on ,don't dial down to low ,leave setting alone,get a pile of towels,space heater and or fan, just open and melt her running ;) she's a beaut:cool:
Thanks. I'll do that next time. I don't like messing with the temp control. It tends to be a little quirky.
 
Surely I'm not the only one with a slightly used beer fridge? BEER FRIDGE!! I should have added that to @revhtree's question of the day!
 
I would ask a local community college or trade school to see if they were able to refurbish the whole thing. Might get a great deal on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new