Beer fridge maintenance

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all sounds so good!! One question: Can all of this be done in the garage which is where I'll have to live if I try to get the idea past my better (and more responsible) half?
Yes. I brew on my back patio because you will want a turkey fryer burner to get heat to heat up about 7 gallons of water. I have small cooler in my tool shed for fermenting in the summer but in the winter I usually ferment in my garage and put a heat wrap around my bucket that is hooked up to an Inkbird for temp control. If you want to adjust your water profile, using your RODI system is a good way to get pure water. I grind my own grains but most home brew shops can do the grinding for you as well. I have a 4 keg tap system in my garage but you can bottle real easy.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
love it ,it may cost a lil more elec,but best way to defrost the oldie's,leave on ,don't dial down to low ,leave setting alone,get a pile of towels,space heater and or fan, just open and melt her running ;) she's a beaut:cool:

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love it ,it may cost a lil more elec,but best way to defrost the oldie's,leave on ,don't dial down to low ,leave setting alone,get a pile of towels,space heater and or fan, just open and melt her running ;) she's a beaut:cool:
Thanks. I'll do that next time. I don't like messing with the temp control. It tends to be a little quirky.

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surely I'm not the only one with a slightly used beer fridge? BEER FRIDGE!! I should have added that to @revhtree's question of the day!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back