before and after pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElvisReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ElvisReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
115
Reaction score
30
Location
hollywood
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon Everyone

Im making a collage of worst to best before and after fish tank cleanings
looking for some help of the community could anyone/everyone lol post pictures of the greatest before and afters
maybe battling some dinos or some algae ?
 
I like seeing before-and-after photos of the following:
Terrible algae outbreak to a clean tank
An empty tank to a flourishing tank
Going from a small coral frag to a huge colony.
 
I like seeing before-and-after photos of the following:
Terrible algae outbreak to a clean tank
An empty tank to a flourishing tank
Going from a small coral frag to a huge colony.
is that stuff so mesmirizing one of the reasons i got into the hobby is the way you can get colonies from a little itty bitty frag
 
From an empty and lifeless tank: PXL_20240217_115754359.MP.jpg

To a terrible algae outbreak: 20250331_193826.jpg 20250423_084305.jpg

To a cleaned again and again with patience to this... 20250510_112251.jpg

Slowly progressing....
 

Attachments

  • 20250504_231856.jpg
    20250504_231856.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 40
From an empty and lifeless tank: PXL_20240217_115754359.MP.jpg

To a terrible algae outbreak: 20250331_193826.jpg 20250423_084305.jpg

To a cleaned again and again with patience to this... 20250510_112251.jpg

Slowly progressing....
wow what size tank is this
 
thats sick how long did it take you to clear things up ? , i had an outbreak of some like black algae or something ill post pics killed a couple of my corals
had a beautiful birds nest that this thing just killed it and i think 2 scolys
 
From an empty and lifeless tank: PXL_20240217_115754359.MP.jpg

To a terrible algae outbreak: 20250331_193826.jpg 20250423_084305.jpg

To a cleaned again and again with patience to this... 20250510_112251.jpg

Slowly progressing....
Glad you were able to overcome the algae outbreak!
 


Before and after 2-3 years of growth, so easy to forget what things looked like. Wish I got a picture of it filled with green waterborne algae in the beginning lol
 
thats sick how long did it take you to clear things up ? , i had an outbreak of some like black algae or something ill post pics killed a couple of my corals
had a beautiful birds nest that this thing just killed it and i think 2 scolys
About 2 months... the turn point was when I startied cleaning it every other day and sucking the algae through filter 5micron and back to the tank. Also bacteria dosing I believe helped alltho it was weekly.
 
About 2 months... the turn point was when I startied cleaning it every other day and sucking the algae through filter 5micron and back to the tank. Also bacteria dosing I believe helped alltho it was weekly.
what bacteria were you dosing?
 
Microbacter clean and microbe-lift special blend, on weekends, I keep using special blend once a week...
Thanks. I have the 7 and I have used the clean, and i don’t know if they would make an impact on green cyano
 
The little video was a couple weeks ago with dreaded whatever it was gone. Took me over 1 month or 2 to beat but I beat it with no chemicals
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0101.mov
    35.6 MB
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0576.mov
    22.8 MB

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new