Beginner coral to host?

Reefer Obsessed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
108
Reaction score
96
Location
Colfax, Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely a noob and at times I feel lost. I'm going to MACNA in New Orleans. I know I will want one of everything but.....What can I really handle? I have 100 gallon tank but have 3 zoas so wanting to add corals. I have a pair of perc clowns who are wonderful. What corals can I add that they will host in that are beginner friendly? Can I add any more clownfish? I've read enough articles I've confused myself.:confused:
 
My pair of clowns hosted a hammer coral for years. Hammer, torch, and frogspawn would all be good options and are pretty easy to maintain. My wife and I will also be at MACNA this year, hope to see you there!
 
My pair of clowns hosted a hammer coral for years. Hammer, torch, and frogspawn would all be good options and are pretty easy to maintain. My wife and I will also be at MACNA this year, hope to see you there!

Thanks for the help. Gives me a place to start. And yes, Yeah to MACNA! So excited to be going. I've gotten such good advice & help from R2R, hope to meet lots of people so I can put faces to names.
 
You can try an anemone. My clowns are hosting a RBTA right now. They are very hardy, mine split and when my tank wasn't in good condition shrunk down to a penny size. Now it's in my 50G and its 4x the size
 
My branching hammer is also starting to host our little clown. He is tiny, so it has been ok so far.
 
You can try an anemone. My clowns are hosting a RBTA right now. They are very hardy, mine split and when my tank wasn't in good condition shrunk down to a penny size. Now it's in my 50G and its 4x the size[/QUOT

I always thought that anemone was hard to keep. I'll do some more research. I really like the way anemones move. Thanks for the suggestion
 
My branching hammer is also starting to host our little clown. He is tiny, so it has been ok so far.

A branching hammer is on my want list but if they host the clown, I'll have to move them up on the list. Thanks for the help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new