Mini Rose Bubble Tip Anemone: Beginner Help

SeaHorseQueen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Messages
442
Reaction score
192
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m looking at getting a mini rose bubble tip anemone. I’ve never had an anemone before and have read they can “walk”. Is there a way to anchor them or is it best to just let it be?

I’m looking to finally get my 75g going and wanted to add a beginner friendly option. I’m transferring my live rocks from a mature 20g tank to the 75. Will I have to wait a couple years to mature the tank or will after the short cycle be ok to add it since the rocks will be directly transferred? My 20g is 3.5yrs old. How long might the short cycle take on average?
 
Hi,

I’m looking at getting a mini rose bubble tip anemone. I’ve never had an anemone before and have read they can “walk”. Is there a way to anchor them or is it best to just let it be?

I’m looking to finally get my 75g going and wanted to add a beginner friendly option. I’m transferring my live rocks from a mature 20g tank to the 75. Will I have to wait a couple years to mature the tank or will after the short cycle be ok to add it since the rocks will be directly transferred? My 20g is 3.5yrs old. How long might the short cycle take on average?

They wander until they find a home they like... There's not a great way to get them to go where you want.

You can try by turning off all the flow and placing the nem where you want it, and leave the flow off for 20-30min, hoping it will attach and stay, but it's just hoping.
 
Id wait getting an anemone until you do more research and get your tank more mature
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new