Beginner in need of help, lots of help…

willthetattooer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a complete novice to this craft/hobby…I just know I would love to get into it and I’m starting off small and with good reason, I know I will have a lot of failures during this so I’d like to minimize the death toll on my hands and If at all possible, none. Sigh! Ok so I’ve got a 13 gallon tank I believe is what it is. And at the moment I have a few rocks and some sand and getting water ready but have several questions about that also. I would like to know if at all possible someone, anyone can help out with how I’m supposed to be setting up the background filtration system I’m stuck at the moment with that, what goes where. Have tried you tube but no luck with the specific model I have. Will pictures help? Is that possible here. Again I’m new here. Thank you in advance for any help.

Jo'Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome! :D unfortunately I have no experience with an AIO as I built my reef tank piece by piece starting with a 20 gal tall tank.. I am sure the experts will chime in soon don't lose hope and cheers to a new beginning! This is the best place to learn by far.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved Orange transperant R2R 10-18-22.png

Pictures will help, I would also suggest posting here Link

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to reef2reef!! You don't need to go huge but bigger is better. The more water the easier to keep stable. Smaller volumes have big swings. Also, you have more room for live rock to provide a bacterial colony. Minimum of 50g is a good start.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

You will definitely find lots of help here, but also a TON of info that will hit you like a firehose. My first piece of advice is to read a ton but don’t do a ton. Absorb as much info as you can but resist the urge to go and get every gadget and chemical you read about.
Figure out the basics and take it slow and steady.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R forums! I’d recommend, if using YouTube, to look for Bulk Reef Supplies beginner series of videos (look for BRS in the name). I myself had a bit of trial and error and still continue to learn new things a year later. Ongoing process lol.
BC5C157F-E251-4A8A-8CEB-EA1962951D41.jpeg

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, enjoy the hobby, and I mean this sincerely, use the search function. Lots of people have already posted the myriad of new tank, cycle, OMG is this aiptasia, is this diatoms, and why are my nutrients zero threads. There is a ton of information if you look.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back