Beginning to End - My 45g tall

OceanLife

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
144
Reaction score
5
Location
Albertville, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the beginning stages of our new 45g tall tank. I wanted to show photos from the beginning to the end. I will post more photos as we bring it together. I appreciate your comments and suggestions along the way. Hopefully it will never end! :nerd:

Thanks to the following R2R members for their contributions to our project:

OceanLife
Shovelrider
Revhtree
GCrawford
TrishW
Markkazdad
ChrisKey

(To Be Continued)


DSC02501.jpg
DSC02503.jpg
DSC02562.jpg
DSC02569.jpg
DSC02535.jpg
 
Very nice. Looking forward to watching this grow. I'm beginning a new build soon and will be building a stand. My question is:
with the lip that goes around the bottom of the tank, won't it be hard to keep the crap out from between the wood and tank? Just asking cuz I'm not sure if I'll make that even though I like the finished look.
-Mike
 
I guess you could use a vacuum or compressed air to clean out any dust that may settle. The idea is to hide the plastic base of the tank.
 
Plumbing for freshwater test.
DSC02569.jpg


Freshwater test.
DSC02573.jpg


Sump during freshwater test.
DSC02583.jpg


Sand, Rock and Saltwater added today. 9/29/2013
DSC02690.jpg

Sump after starting the cycle.
DSC02693.jpg
 
0 Phosphates/0 Nitrates - I acclimated and introduced 8 new fish today. 3 Blue Green Chromis, 3 Pajama Cardinals, and 2 Clowns. All looking happy so far except for the smallest Green Chromis...he didn't last long after entering the tank. I believe one of the larger Chromis' nipped his tail.
 
Great job!
 
Getting ready to add some more rock soon. Soaked and rinsed in fresh water. Planning a water change along with it.

DSC03426.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new