Belgian Mixed Reef 700 liters

Marc Pardon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
136
Reaction score
114
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am Marc and I live in Belgium and I am new here. My reef tank has started in jan 2016. The dimensions are 135x65x65 plus a sump. In the sump is a refigium. This is the core of the nutrient removal. The lightning is 8xT5 plus 2 led strips. Kh, Ca and Mg are dosed via doser. All trace elements are self made.

tank : look through 135x65x65 (570 liter)
sump : 110x45x45 (118 liter)
return : Royal Exclusive Red Dragon 3 Supersilence
skimmer : Royal Exclusive mini Bubble King 180V12
flow : Maxpect Gyre 350 + Tunze Turbelle Stream 3 - 6150
Dosing : Dastaco Extrema A2 + GHL Doser 2.1
nutrientcontrole : refugium with Kessil H80 LED
light : 8 x T5 ATI x 24 watt + 2 x Giesemann Pulzar

A few pictures:




And a film that was made a few days ago:



I will try to post some updates about the tank in the near future and also shows some pics of the corals. Enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Maintenance:
- once per 3 months a 5% water chance with natural sea water
- once per 3 months an ati icp test followed by corrections
- daily dosing by hand : iodine, strontium, chellated manganese and fluor
- dosingpump = Kh, Ca, Mg and trace elements (Cu, Zn, Ni, Cr, Co)
- once per month dosing Fe

Active Carbon and UV are constantly in use. No GFO used for reducing phosphates .

The refugium keeps the No3 about 2,5 ppm and the phosphates about 0,04 ppm.
 
Last edited:
IMG_0178.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg


My acropora surhasonoi colony

IMG-0237.jpg

Upgrade to a Dastaco Extrema A2 Calcium Reactor

IMG-0179.jpg



IMG-0281.jpg
 
Last edited:
I make myself DY according to the "old" Balling recipe. I have it in Dutch but can't find a English version .....
 
Last edited:
OMG, that Blue table is amazing color! I need some of that in my boringly red and green dominated tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new