Bellus Angel pairing

I added my pair on 5/24. I think the smaller female, which was the more aggressive recently, is becoming a male. I noticed a couple days ago her/his colors were muted and I became concerned about possible illness. She's fat and sassier than ever though. Today I watched for a long time and noticed some more male characteristics like an increased lyre shape to her tail and mottled coloring on her tail, which one article I read referred to as "stained glass" markings although hers are black not yellow. Also the orange/yellow coloration along the dorsal aspect is pronounced. I took a couple of pictures for this post and in them her yellow is much more visible than it is to my naked eye, possibly because I took the shots with an orange filter.

Here is a link to the article.

https://reefbuilders.com/2015/07/15/bellissima-bellus-variations-hybridization-genicanthus-bellus/

20200623_173003.jpg 20200623_172823.jpg
Looks like it’s a he! Congrats!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new