Benefits of a supportive spouse

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say it is quite nice to have the support of my wife when it come to this hobby. She doesn't always want to go fish shopping with me but I was very surprised today when she insisted we get 2 more fish because "they were in the same tank so they must be friends." I made sure they both ate readily and then asked the store to bag em up. Getting settled in QT but already eating at home as well. I LOVE TANGS!

IMG_0077.JPG

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, congrats. :)

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and good luck to you sir! Those Clown Tangs are one of my favorite fish, but they do have a tendency to be nasty.. I'd have a backup plan if things go south, just in case.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's is nice to have a supportive wife I have been out of commission with a broken foot for about a month now, and my wife has been taken care of my tanks plus all the family things that have to be done.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and good luck to you sir! Those Clown Tangs are one of my favorite fish, but they do have a tendency to be nasty.. I'd have a backup plan if things go south, just in case.

Thanks, I seriously doubt he will ever have a chance to rule my tank. I have an Achilles/Goldrim hybrid that is 3 times the size of the clown so he will probably stay in check lol.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say it is quite nice to have the support of my wife when it come to this hobby. She doesn't always want to go fish shopping with me but I was very surprised today when she insisted we get 2 more fish because "they were in the same tank so they must be friends." I made sure they both ate readily and then asked the store to bag em up. Getting settled in QT but already eating at home as well. I LOVE TANGS!

IMG_0077.JPG
So you took advantage of her thinking they were friends to buy more fish??? Well played :)

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually she was the deciding factor. She wanted both as long as they would be OK in my tank. Since they are so small I'm hoping that will help with aggression from my other tangs being that the established guys are much larger. If it doesn't work I have a few friends that will gladly help rehome them.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh... My wife doesn't want anything larger than a 20g in the house. But since I've basically spent all my weekends and vacation days on building us a house, I may have her talked into a 40B.

Now I need to build a shop so that I can have a man/reef cave.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh... My wife doesn't want anything larger than a 20g in the house. But since I've basically spent all my weekends and vacation days on building us a house, I may have her talked into a 40B.

Now I need to build a shop so that I can have a man/reef cave.
You could always just build the tank into the wall and have a 40B sized viewing panel.... with like 300 gallons behind it :p;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES it's awesome to have your significant other on board! HA!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back