Bengai try #2 with egg rocker

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so this pair breed once a month, I have had then for about a year and a half, so probably 14 to 15 batches and he only carried one to 'term'. If anyone watched my last post the breeder net fell in the water and there was live high protein diet that night for the other residents in the tank. So today is day five with him carrying and I went out and grabbed a cobalt egg rocker. So we will see if this gives me a better chance then him eating them every month. So this is day 5 I just stripped the eggs from him 10 minutes ago
IMAG3221.jpeg
IMAG3222.jpeg

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is Day 2 out of the mouth, day 6 total

You can see there is a few that aren't making it, however I seen those yesterday so I don't think there is any more that have died since yesterday.
IMAG3225.jpeg

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I know you can see some have died, however I believe that these were dead directly out of the mouth. I don't think there has been any further eggs spoil.

Today would be day 4 out of the mouth I suppose, around day 9 total.
IMAG3253.jpeg
IMAG3252.jpeg

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today is around day 10, maybe 11. I can see the eyes. There was a little algae growing on the eggs, so I spent quite a bit of time cleaning the foam and the screens to get a little more flow in the tumbler to try and get the eggs moving more. They are a little more developed so I feel they can take a little more of a beating. (I have no idea what I am doing)
1527958427560.jpeg
IMAG3258.jpeg

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12ish, there is starting to get some algae on the eggs, hopefully everything is still good, they still seem to be growing, eggs are starting to lose their round shape and the bodies along with the eyes are developing
IMAG3284.jpeg

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is about day 15 or 16, we have one that broke away from the pack, he has a tail. I also put my mp40 foam around the incubator trying to keep the light out to slow the algae growing. Yesterday was the second time I took the incubator apart to give it a full cleaning.
IMAG3290.jpeg
IMAG3291.jpeg
IMAG3288.jpeg

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they Hatch! baby Bangaiis are so cool!
I lost my first set due to a suction cup that came off, they just turned into a high protein snack for the other fish in the tank, including the mom lol. This is their 14th batch and I am tiered of him eating them so I am trying this. If it works I will have a full breeder tank I will set up

OP
OP
chewy tabacca

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have lost all but maybe 3, I am not sure why, I did use chemiclean. This is the first time I have used the egg rocker so I am not to familiar. I have watched quite a few you tube videos but they are all fresh water eggs they rock. These eggs are all attached. I may have had the air to high.
IMAG3330.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back