Bennetti butterfly and melon butterflyfish care

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody had luck with a bennetti or melon. I've had both now for a couple of weeks. In great shape but only eat sps which I've been providing. Want to switch to aquarium fare but it's not going well. Any suggestions? A good piece of advice other than don't keep corallivorous butterflyfish would be great
Thanjs

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than trying all sorts of foods there are no easy ways to entice these guys to eat prepared foods.

Have you tried masstick paste? Pantha Rhei has a food that’s supposedly similar to polyps, I have the sponge version and couldn’t get one of my angels to eat it.

My lfs claims they’ve managed to get an Arabian butterfly to eat it...with masstick you may try spreading a little bit of it on the actual coral you provide for feeding.

Good luck! Both are beautiful fish

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help directly as I've never kept either, but I did move this to the fish discussion forum for a better response.

EDIT...and you got a response before I could finish typing...lol.

OP
OP
T

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than trying all sorts of foods there are no easy ways to entice these guys to eat prepared foods.

Have you tried masstick paste? Pantha Rhei has a food that’s supposedly similar to polyps, I have the sponge version and couldn’t get one of my angels to eat it.

My lfs claims they’ve managed to get an Arabian butterfly to eat it...with masstick you may try spreading a little bit of it on the actual coral you provide for feeding.

Good luck! Both are beautiful fish
What is masstick? Never heard of it

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s freeze dried powder food, you add some water and make a paste that can be spread on rocks or glass.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back