OP
OP
Crystal08

Crystal08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you how strongly I want you to stay away from Aiptasia-X.

I watched a video where Ryan from Bulk Reef Supply told about this experience. He used Aiptasia-X to kill aiptasia and it went away in that spot but came back in several others.

Well, Ryan has staff for this so he told them, "Overpower it. Every day kill every aiptasia with Aiptasia-X until they are gone."

They tried. Every single day they went after the aiptasia in a way that only somebody being paid to do it would. It failed. The aiptasia only multiplied.

The thing is, I'm semi-retired and did the same thing. Every single day I went after the stuff and it just got worse. I have two solutions.

1) F-Aiptasia will actually kill aiptasia without causing it to pop up in five more places. This is my experience and it seems to match what I see and read on the internet.

2) I bought peppermint shrimp, about 1 per 10 gallons, and they keep it away. I know it's in my system because a few popped up in the sump. However, my display is perfect. You may want to F-Aiptasia the biggest ones just to give the peppermints a helping hand.

I bought a few more recently and found them at a good price. I have nothing to do with this company other than the fact that I bought from them the first time recently and it worked out well.
Yeah I’m not gonna try the Aiptasia x because there’s just too many. I didn’t want to buy peppermint shrimp if by some chance the berghia are still alive in there but I am getting desperate so I might have to

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in Aug I purchased 5 Berghia for about 20-30 aiptasia. No improvement at all, actually way worse probably 100 Aiptasia now. I spent $150 with the shipping for no improvement. So my question is does anyone know how many i would need now and where is the most affordable place to buy some. I’m getting desperate because they are killing my soft corals. I do not have a wrasse or peppermint shrimp so I not sure what happened to the first ones i bought. Thanks in advance!
I really like using the nudies. But in a case for 20 or 30 aptaisia, I would never tell anybody to buy them because there's not enough to kill. There's not enough for the nudies to find and not starve out. You need to have a really solid population of aptaisia for the nudies to do a good job. What happens is they are pack Hunters and then go from one to the next to eat and kill. But if you have one on one side of the tank and the next one is halfway across the tank they will never find it and starve.

OP
OP
Crystal08

Crystal08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who anything about this?

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Crystal08

Crystal08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like using the nudies. But in a case for 20 or 30 aptaisia, I would never tell anybody to buy them because there's not enough to kill. There's not enough for the nudies to find and not starve out. You need to have a really solid population of aptaisia for the nudies to do a good job. What happens is they are pack Hunters and then go from one to the next to eat and kill. But if you have one on one side of the tank and the next one is halfway across the tank they will never find it and starve.
I’ve got at least 100 Aiptasia now

Mikey Colon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best price for nudibranchs. Plus they'll throw in a few extra. Bought them a month ago and every day I have less and less aptasia.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Releasing them together, central to the majority of aiptaisia will help. The thing is... the aiptaisia are multiplying, the bergias are breeding. you won't notice the progress until bergias are reproducing faster them the aiptaisia. I would think that if you saw one a few weeks later, they likely survived

OP
OP
Crystal08

Crystal08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Releasing them together, central to the majority of aiptaisia will help. The thing is... the aiptaisia are multiplying, the bergias are breeding. you won't notice the progress until bergias are reproducing faster them the aiptaisia. I would think that if you saw one a few weeks later, they likely survived
That’s what I was thinking too when I saw the one. Just so many now aiptasia

OP
OP
Crystal08

Crystal08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best price for nudibranchs. Plus they'll throw in a few extra. Bought them a month ago and every day I have less and less aptasia.
Thank you I’ll check them out

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experiences, you need to add the nudies at night. Let them crawl out of the container.
I have added them with different types of wrasse and didn't have a problem.
You're definitely need to let them go at least 4 months minimum before doing anything else. You can always try at night to use a red flashlight and see if you can see any crawling around. I would do this tonight if you can to see if you have any survivors.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i had well over a 100 in a 120. i bought 10 from salty underground, it took months but i finally started seing them disapearing. once they started it went fast. when they were done i had over 40 so i trade themd them so they wouldnt just die. i thought i wasted my money. been aptaisaia free for 5 months now.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clown fish, 1 coral beauty, 1 cardinal fish, 1 starry blenny, 1 damsel, sand sifting star, 1 brittle star, a few snails and a fire shrimp is what I have in the tank
Thank you for the list. I don't see your problem with any of those fish so they might pick on them they will most likely split them back out. And besides berghia work at night and the fish are out during the day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back