Berghia Nudibranch for aptasia problems?

Mortgaged Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read several very positive articles about these guys and was wondering if anyone here has had a positive experience with them? I was thinking about buying 4 of them for my 30 reef. I am eaten up with aptasia from my aptasia-x that didnt go so well -- and I need some help. They sell from $13.59 ea - $16.99ea Berghia Nudibranchs : REEF TOWN, Berghia Nudibranchs for saltwater aquariums

Does anyone local breed them? They seem easy to breed. Anyone up for the challenge? I dont have the time or space or the right wife:) Aquarium Culture of the Aeolid nudibranch Berghia - Reefkeeping.com or anyone want to purchase some if i were to undertake this challenge?

Thoughts/opinions?
Marshall

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work really well, but once they finish and have no more to eat, they will starve to death. See if anyone local to you have them and when they finish with their tanks, they'll need to find a good home for them. Check your local reef club forum, craigslist, etc. This is usually how our local reefers adverstise them.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a few but my wrasses would eat them up fast.

sent from my Galaxy with Tapatalk 2

thereeferdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested in a group buy or being next in line if they get passed around. Either way it would make it more affordable and efficient. My peppermint shrimp just aren't cutting it. PM me if you or others want to move on this in the near future.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a few but my wrasses would eat them up fast.

They say that once they consume an aiptasia, they dont taste very good. And that is supposed to stop them from eating them. But I know my melenurus wont care, and even if he doest eat it, it will kill it with his one bite.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 line is larger than most melanarus'. Let's hope my cbb gets a taste for them.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back