coral eating berghia

boonz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2022
Messages
19
Reaction score
36
Location
NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, have an Aptasia problem (amongst other things) and to tackle it, I've gotten 5 berghia. Saw 2 aptasia disappear first couple days, then didn't notice any additional aptasia disappearing, so thought I'd check at night with a flashlight to see if I could see if they were still about.

One night I saw one crawling about which was great. Another night I saw something on my bowerbanki being eaten that resembled a berghia nudibranch, but I had a bad angle to be sure of anything. After couple days of not seeing anything again, I noticed something sticking out of my cristata. Definitely looks like a berghia to me.

Thoughts? Anyone else see their berghia climb onto a coral to only become an expensive snack?

20240318_232057.jpg berghia_coralfood.png
 
From saltyunderground.

Hard to tell from the picture, but looked quite like the berghia I got. Little frills and all. Just hoping they were able to breed before being eaten corals.
 
I misread it also! Yes they can be eaten by things

I bought 14 and had only a fire fish. at night I have never seen more than 2 or 3 out. I do have a lot of torches and acans and donut type coral with big mouths and I’ve been wondering if some of them have become food :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new