coral eating berghia

boonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, have an Aptasia problem (amongst other things) and to tackle it, I've gotten 5 berghia. Saw 2 aptasia disappear first couple days, then didn't notice any additional aptasia disappearing, so thought I'd check at night with a flashlight to see if I could see if they were still about.

One night I saw one crawling about which was great. Another night I saw something on my bowerbanki being eaten that resembled a berghia nudibranch, but I had a bad angle to be sure of anything. After couple days of not seeing anything again, I noticed something sticking out of my cristata. Definitely looks like a berghia to me.

Thoughts? Anyone else see their berghia climb onto a coral to only become an expensive snack?

20240318_232057.jpg berghia_coralfood.png

OP
OP
boonz

boonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From saltyunderground.

Hard to tell from the picture, but looked quite like the berghia I got. Little frills and all. Just hoping they were able to breed before being eaten corals.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I misread it also! Yes they can be eaten by things

I bought 14 and had only a fire fish. at night I have never seen more than 2 or 3 out. I do have a lot of torches and acans and donut type coral with big mouths and I’ve been wondering if some of them have become food :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back