Berghia nudibranch / valentini puffer

  • Thread starter Thread starter mattrob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mattrob

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2024
Messages
40
Reaction score
50
Location
Stoke-on-Trent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Thought I'd see if anyone can help me with some advice.

I have a significant aiptasia problem (life got in the way a bit) and as I have a valentini puffer peppermint shrimp are out.

Tried boiling water and Joe's juice but knock one down and 5 more spring up.

So I have some berghia nudibranch coming tomorrow, now I have a small 25l tank from before I got my current tank that I have set up. With main tank bio media, rock and water.

My question is, I can see 2 options.

1. Put the valentini into the small tank for a few days to get the berghia settled. Then put him back in

2. Put some aiptasia into the small tank, add the berghia to that for a few weeks to build the population a bit then put them in the main tank one night.

My concerns are the small tank is going to stress my puffer, but if I don't separate him from the berghia, I'm expecting them to end up an expensive meal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help
 
Why are peppermint shrimp out? I have a Valentini and peppermint shrimp and have never had an issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new